Tumaini Orphan Support Organisation; a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered under NGO act number 24 of 2002 as amended time to time. The Organisation is currently operating within KAGERA, GEITA and KIGOMA Regions.
The organisation is working to bring support and hope for a better future to orphans and their families regardless of their faith.
Tumaini Orphan Support Organisation was established by Dr. Susan Wilson who is the chairperson of Tumaini Fund.
We envision the orphans of Tanzania to be empowered socio-economically.
To support and serve all orphans regardless of their faith.
- To promote the well-being of orphans and their heads of family.
- To promote access to education for the orphans.
- To promote better housing for orphan families.
- To promote adequate nutrition for orphan families.
- To promote access to clean water for the orphans and their communities.
- To empower orphans to acquire enterpreneurship skills.
- To advocate basic health care to the orphan families.
- To advocate for the innovative approaches for the development of the orphan families.
We are motivated by Jesus’s words: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world“ (James 1:27)